||Apr 12, 2018
BILT Program (BASICS Internship Leadership Program)
Become work ready, earn work experience, learn new skills and learn to be a leader. Take your skills in academics, arts, administration and/or management to another level.
BASICS aims to provide comprehensive, integrated, sustainable and quality educational support and social-development services, with the overall aim of ending illiteracy, child labour and poverty.
BILT is a wonderful opportunity to learn about social issues affecting impoverished communities such as Chorkor and to develop your skills in the exciting, dynamic and rapidly growing field of social intervention, social service and community development. Our mission is to harness the skills of interns and equip them with the skills needed to further pursue careers.
BASICS International Internship program develops future leaders, educators, social workers and change agents. The hands on experience will immerse you in an organisation with international standards, facilitators, and professionals relating to social services. You will work alongside international Interns, Volunteers and Fellows in our workshops and daily Capacity Building exercises, will strengthen your organizational, administrative and leadership skills.
- Assist in after-school programs that enhances literacy through various academic and extracurricular activities. Assist children with homework
- Implement and facilitate weekly group discussions which enhances development
- Work directly with communities who face social and economic challenges
- Gain experience by working alongside established social changers, workers and teachers who mission is community development.
- Be exposed to new cultures and learn how it affects behaviours
- Be part of an opportunity to make a significant difference in peoples’ lives;
- Participate in programmes that are on the frontline of the fight against poverty alleviation, illiteracy, child labor and other social problems
- Work alongside international Fellows, Interns and Volunteers along with qualified staff.
- Training and Workshops conducted by international Professionals, Professors, and Motivators.
- Interns upon completion will be job ready; employable.
- Successful candidate will receive references
- Certificates will be given at the end of program.
- Allowances are provided to all interns.
- All internships are part time hours : Monday – Friday 2:00 – 8:00 PM
- With exception August which is Monday – Thursday 10:00- 4:00
- Training/orientation dates are subject to change.
- April 2018 – July 2018 ( 4 Months)
- April 2018 – September 2018 ( 6 months)
- August 2018 ( 1 Month)
- August 2018- December 2018 ( 5 months)
- September 2018- September 2019 ( 1 Year)
Required Skills or Experience
- Willing and able to fulfill any of the above internships
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential to this internship.
- Internship is not a credit based program. Students wishing to earn credit must seek approval from Faculty /Department Head of University.
How To Apply
- Submit Application online at https://goo.gl/forms/bVr7Ledcm6BtiZCF2
- Application Deadline is March 22rd 2018; must fill out questionnaire
- Shortlisted candidate must be available March 23rd for interview (or alternative date)
Please DO NOT send your CV or call the office – ALL interested candidates MUST submit an application through the LINK ABOVE.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.