Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Auditor
Job ID: 31955
Location: Lagos Island
- Provide assurance to Audit Committee that processes and systems are working effectively and efficiently, and in conformity to policies, standards and best practices.
- To effectively and efficiently carry out planned audit assignments approved by the Head of Internal Audit
- Participate in implementation of IT projects.
- Review and ensure that ICT security is adequate, effective and efficient in all areas viz a viz: Authorization and repudiation controls, Physical access controls, Logical access controls, Environmental controls, Administrative Controls, Communication and network controls.
- Review applications/ systems to ensure functionality, availability and processing controls like segregation of duties.
- Assist in the implementation of information system projects and ensure that the relevant controls are in place from on set.
- Review and ensure clear roles, responsibilities, segregation of duties and succession planning for the various levels of IT staff to enable them deliver the right IT services.
- Review and ensure that the business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place and are being implemented as required.
- Review and ensure that there are adequate controls over IT processes of managing problems/ incidents as well as proper escalation procedures.
- Review and ensure there are adequate controls over IT processes of managing data (source documents, authorization and approvals, retention, handling of output from IT application programs, report distribution, data storage, etc).
- Review of Income Assurance using Audit Command Language (ACL) to guard against income leakages through unauthorized income and expense interest rates etc.
- Generation of reports for investigation using ACL.
- Investigate IT related problems/ issues.
- Ad hoc as assigned by Head of Department.
Key Performance Measures
- Analysis of data of all branches for audit purposes. *
- Stock count of all IT systems software.
- Audit of IT system software.
- IT Infrastructure & General Controls audit.
- Regular appraisal of key risks and adjustment of RACA, audit programs and audit plans where required.
- Proper scope of audits.
- Compliance with Audit Standards – approval of audit work done.
- Accurate Audit report received timely.
Internal to Bank:
- Continuous communication with the Head, Internal Audit to get direction.
- Liaise with auditee management to assess inherent risk and to obtain feedback on work done.
External to Bank:
- Communicate with Bankers’ Committee on issues of customer account overcharges.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Possession of first Degree, CISA and/or a professional qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, ACA, ACIB, CISM etc.
- At least 3 years banking experience, part of which must have been in the Internal Audit department.
- Detailed knowledge of banking systems, applications and processes, and modern internal auditing practices.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online