Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Control Officer
Job ID: 31960
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
- Group Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- Responsible for assessing controls around IT infrastructures, including network devices, applications and databases as well as all IT project development.
- During the process, completes work timely and in accordance with Control Methodology and other applicable standards, and defined plans, budgets, and schedules
- Perform IT security reviews involving people, processes, and technologies. Auditing operating systems, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, databases, web servers, messaging servers, network components and industry specific technologies in line with best practices.
- Assess network architecture so that he or she can identify configuration and topology issues through analysis of the design and configuration of the network.
- Evaluate security risk of all kinds of applications; stand-alone, network based and web based . This will cover high-level design audit, black-box testing, source code reviews, development and delivery audit as well as operating environment audit.
- Perform process risk analyses, prepare process maps and flowcharts, and prepare effective and efficient compliance and substantive test plans; prepare and perform testing of controls.
- Perform assessment of IT application controls, IT general controls environment and automated controls embedded within IT environment.
- Evaluate test results: accurately identify symptoms, root cause, problems, identify alternative controls and develop recommendations.
- Prepare work papers, draft grammatically correct interim letters and other reporting documents; assist in preparation of the draft exception report.
- Evaluate the completeness of the responsible management’s corrective action plans.
- Perform related work as assigned by lead Manager(s) and/or Manager
Key Performance Measures
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
- Promptness and effectiveness of processes and system reviews.
- Quantum of undetected regulatory/statutory infractions from External Auditor and Regulators’ reports.
- Early identification of vulnerabilities within the IT systems that are susceptible to fraud.
- Zero tolerance for fraud due to internal breach or weaknesses in the systems or technologies supporting business..
- Timely escalation of potential threat to IT systems and data.
- Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented.
Internal & External Relationships:
- The need to maintain a wide network with key stakeholders in the Bank such as Operational Risk, Risk Assurance, Group Internal Audit,
- Professional bodies and other relevant affiliations.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- BSc. Degree in IT related course.
- Applicable IT certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years.
- Proficiency in banking applications and e-business platforms.
- Report writing/Investigation skill
- Interpretation of COBIT,ITIL,SOX , CISA,CISM,CISSP
- Ability to use Finacle, ACL or Data Analytical tools.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online