||Monitoring & …
||Fixed term (R…
||Apr 12, 2018
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, (USAID – EnGRAIS)
- Type of contract : Regular Staff
- Duration : One Year Renewable
- Anticipated Start Date: April 15, 2018
- Program : USAID EnGRAIS
- Location : Accra, Ghana.
IFDC North and West Africa is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation specialist (M&E) for its program “USAID Enhancing Growth through Regional Agricultural Input Systems (USAID-EnGRAIS)” to be implemented in the West Africa sub-region.
The M&E Specialist will lead the design of the EnGRAIS monitoring and tracking performance system. He/she will work closely with USAID/West Africa on establishment of baseline data, performance evaluations, mid-term evaluation and final evaluation.
The M&E Specialist will be supervised by and report to the CoP. He/she may also be called to perform other duties assigned by the CoP as deemed necessary to support the achievement of the program’s overall objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of the EnGRAIS monitoring performance system.
- Assist in the preparation of annual workplans.
- Assure quality of baseline data (where applicable) and incorporate appropriately into the program monitoring system.
- Prepare indicator reports comparing actual achievement to program targets.
- Assist in overall preparation of program reports.
- Support improved data collection, analysis, and use of key project indicators for timely and effective decision making and planning.
- Support regular data collection, conduct analyses, and prepare reports in collaboration with other program staff.
- Verify validity and quality of monitoring data from the field, including use in reports on performance.
- Participate in and support the program documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
- Develop/revise as needed and monitor the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and the project leadership team.
- Develop and implement effective monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
Required Skills or Experience
- MS in Econometrics, statistics, Economics or related Field
- Requires strong mathematical and verbal skills.
- Must have demonstrated success in the design and implementation of M&E systems.
- Must be able to clearly explain results in graphic, oral and written contexts.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience in program monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of USAID data collection and reporting requirements.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the program’s intervention countries.
- Demonstrated practical skills in M&E of donor-funded, including USAID’s, development programs.
- Knowledge of statistical software (such as SPSS, STATA, and SAS). Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (or similar tools) is strongly preferred.
How To Apply
Please read carefully the following instructions, the non-respect of which may affect your request.
- Candidates are kindly asked to put together their file; it must include a cover letter, and an updated CV that describes their experiences, qualifications and provides three reference contacts.
- Interested candidates should apply online no later than 23 March 2018 at 17:00 GMT. Complete position descriptions and application procedures can be found at: https://ifdc.silkroad.com/ifdc/Employment_Listings.html
- Candidates can however also apply by e-mail to be sent to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org during the same timeframe. The subject of the mail must be ‘Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist’.
- The initial term of the Contract will be twelve (12) months and will be subject to a positive performance evaluation during the first year. The contract may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance and availability of Program financial resources.
- NB: Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview in Accra. There will be no response to telephone inquiries. The interview will consist of an interview with a jury and probably a written and / or oral test.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.