Queen Mary University of London in UK invites applications for the Queen Mary Anniversary Scholarship open to applicants who must have applied for a degree programme by the UCAS deadline of 15th January 2018 for the 2018/2019 academic session.
This scholarship is available to all nationalities and across all programmes except the BDS and MBBS (i.e. quota-controlled programmes). The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit and can be renewed each year, throughout your undergraduate degree.
Open to all subjects and programmes within the University with the exception of any quota controlled programme, i.e. BDS, MBBS
Worth of Award
£5,000 per year for each year of study (subject to meeting progression standards).
No. of awards: 3
- Students must achieve AAA in key A-levels, or international equivalent – UG 2018 Overseas Equivalences [XLS 14KB]. Please note students that achieve the equivalent to AAA i.e. A*AB are also eligible for the award. This award will be confirmed after A-level results day due to this criterion.
- Students must be planning on paying their own tuition fees. Those who already have funding from another Queen Mary scholarship are not eligible.
- Students must be applying for entry in September 2018.
- The qualifying grades must be in the subjects expressed in the offer of admission.
- Students must be new entrants into Higher Education, i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree level course.
- Our policy on payment of the Scholarship during years in industry and study abroad is under consideration.
- Please note the award amount will not increase during your studies but may decrease in proportion with any decreases in regulated fees in future years.
- Payment in second and third years is contingent on an overall academic achievement mark of above 80% in each year of study at Queen Mary (i.e. you must achieve an overall mark of above 80% in every progression year to maintain the Scholarship).
- This scholarship scheme operates independently of the Queen Mary Bursary Scheme. You could receive a bursary in addition to the scholarship.
- This scholarship will be awarded as a stipend to Home and EU students and a fee discount to overseas fee-paying students.
Students who have queries regarding their academic achievement for the year should contact their School. Where a student experiences extenuating circumstances that affect academic performance or progress, continued receipt of an award will be considered within the University’s existing extenuating circumstances procedures.
Please note School scholarships are subject to university-wide Terms and Conditions as well as any course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outline.
How to Apply
- Applicants must apply for the degree programme by the UCAS deadline of 15th January 2018.
- Applications for the Queen Mary Anniversary Scholarship will open on 21st March 2018 and will close on 13th May 2018.
- Students who wish to be considered for the scholarship need to ensure that they have firmly accepted their offer at the point of application for the scholarship.
Deadline: applications close 13th May 2018